- Complete the attached human
protocol Form-1. This form must be typed.
- Prepare a description of the
research protocol by answering the questions which are listed in
the attached protocol summary.
- Submit the consent form that
you propose to use.
- If subjects from other
organizations external to the School are to be recruited for the
study, written approval should be obtained from an authorized
official of that institution.
- If the research includes
survey or interview procedures, the questionnaire, interview
questions or assessment scales must be included in the
application. (Note: If standardized scales and/or
questionnaire are to be used, submit eight copies to the IRB.)
- If the research project is to
be submitted to either an external or internal funding source,
copy of the grant, contract proposal, or device protocol must be
submitted to the IRB.
- Obtain the appropriate
signature as specified on the form which is attached.
- Before submitting the
research protocol to the IRB, the requested information must be
collated in the following order:
- Cover letter
- IRB Form-1
- IRB Form-2 (Summary of Protocol)
- IRB forms 3,4,5,6,7; if applicable
- Full protocol
- Informed Consent Form (English and
- Assent Form for minors if
applicable (English and Spanish)
- Instrument to be used for data
collection, if applicable (e.g., questionnaire, interview
question or assessment scales) - English and Spanish
- Recruitment material (flyers,
posters, advertisements). English and Spanish
- Certificate of human subject
- HIPPA authorization if applicable
- Biohazards approval letter if
- IRB authorization agreement if
Please submit your protocol as early as possible. Note
that incomplete IRB application will not be
scheduled for review and will be returned to the P.I.