Administrative Process to perform a clinical experience or research on summer, vacations or extracurricular

Students that want to perform a research or clinical experience during the summer, vacations or outside of their curriculum, and will be requiring an extension of the PSM insurance coverage or the authorization of an institutional representative must:
  1. Submit a written request. This form is available in this Request form.
  2. Submit an acceptance letter from the Supervisor or Head of the Institution you are going to perform this activity. The acceptance letter must include:
    1. starting and ending date of the clinical experience or research
    2. complete name of the person in charge who will supervise the student
    3. location
    4. physical and postal address
    5. telephone and fax numbers
  3. With these two documents, the Dean of Student Affairs will authorize the student and arrange with the General Services Office the extension of the PSM insurance to the location and stipulate time of the clinical experience or research. If the experience will be performed under the supervision of one department o program, the student must bring the letter of acceptance from the professor and the authorization of the corresponding director.
  4. Copy of all these documentation will be keep in the students file at the Student Affairs Office until he/she complete his/her Medical education at PSM.

Clinical experience or research should not conflict nor interrupt the academic activities (classes, small groups, others). Any academic conflict will need previous authorization from the Dean of Academic Affairs.

Need more information?

If you need more information about clinical experience and research, you can set an appointment with our Professional Counselor:
  • Josť A. Soto-Franceschini, PhD, M.Ed. CPL
    787-840-2575 ext. 2252
  • Jonaira Arroyo, M.Ed. CPL
    787-840-2575 ext. 2174