- PHSU Library
- Our Mission
- PHSU Prevent Violence and the use and abuse of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Drugs
PHSU Library was designed to provide convenient access for our patrons. It offers spacious (10,128 square feet) comfortable facilities and a suitable environment that includes excellent lighting, equipment, and arrangement of books, journals and audiovisual materials in open stacks (shelving space-saver). It is an attractive place for study, research, and teaching. The collections meet the patron’s needs, Books, Journals, Electronic Books and Journals, with full text, are available for our students and faculty through the PAC. Patrons and libraries access a greater number of journals by borrowing from other libraries. The PHSU Library belongs to the Southeastern Region of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM). A Free-Share, Reciprocal Interlibrary Loan (ILL) agreements, exists with other Medical Libraries in USA and PR.
Mission & Goals
The mission of Ponce Health Sciences University is to provide high quality education, research and health services in medicine, biological sciences, clinical psychology, public health, and other healthcare ﬁelds, to the population we serve, through an innovative health sciences curriculum, while preparing students to be ethical practitioners and scientists.
The PHSU vision is to be recognized as a prestigious academic center and to become a high quality health sciences university.
PHSU commits to its mission and the accomplishment of its vision by striving to fulﬁll the following institutional goals:
- To continue its commitment to excellence in educational achievement by recruiting outstanding students and faculty, providing the appropriate resources for the development of high quality academic programs.
- To expand its academic and professional educational offerings to include other health related ﬁelds.
- To enhance recognition of the institution’s commitment to excellence in basic and clinical research, scholarship and creative pursuits, supporting existing investigators and recruiting new highly qualiﬁed researchers.
- To expand and improve its high quality medical, mental health, diagnostic and therapeutic services.
- To continue to be an institution that prepares ethical professionals and scientists that contribute to society in general and to Puerto Rico in particular.
Monday to Friday 7:00 am – 11:30 pm Saturday 12:00 am – 8:30 pm Sunday 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm
Special schedules are observed during holidays, summer vacations, academic recesses.
Alcohol, Tobacco and Drugs
At PHSU we work to prevent violence, and the use and abuse of alcohol, tobacco and drugs
National institute on Drug Abuse(English)