Mission & Goals
The mission of Ponce Health Sciences University is to provide a world-class, culturally-competent, health sciences education to the population we serve, through innovative adaptive learning environments focused on the success of its students to become ethical practitioners and scientists.
The PHSU vision is to be recognized as a prestigious academic and research leader educating underrepresented diverse populations while focusing research efforts on solving health disparities. PHSU commits to its mission and the accomplishment of its vision by striving to ful?ll the following institutional goals:
- To continue its commitment to excellence in educational achievement by recruiting outstanding diverse students and faculty and providing the appropriate resources for the development of high quality academic programs.
- To expand its academic and professional educational offerings to include other health related fields.
- To enhance recognition of the institution’s commitment to excellence in basic and clinical research, scholarship and creative pursuits, supporting existing investigators and recruiting new highly qualified researchers.
- To expand and improve its high quality medical, mental health, diagnostic and therapeutic services.
- To continue to be an institution that prepares ethical professionals and scientists that contribute to society in general and to Puerto Rico in particular