PHSU Library it is an attractive place for study, research, and teaching. It designed to provide convenient access for our Students, Faculty and Researches and serves as a gateway to worldwide biomedical information by promoting electronic access with an excellent variety of eBooks and Databases exclusively to respond to the curriculum of the Academic Programs at PHSU. It offers a comfortable facility and a suitable environment that includes excellent lighting, the necessary equipment (ADA) with comfortable and private space in addition to various 24-hour Study Rooms, cubicles, chairs, computers, elevator, etc. It opens 99.5 hours weekly with Professional staff, and when no staff is available, they have access 24/7 to Study Halls or Study Rooms equipped with computers, photocopier/printer color machines, Wi-Fi technology and other utilities.
The collections meet the patron’s needs with Electronic Books and e-Journals, with full text, and can be access through the Online Catalog. Three workstations are available throughout the Library for use zSpace (Virtual Reality Learning Experience). The arrangement of printed books and bound journals are in open stacks (shelving space-saver). The PHSU Library belongs to the Southeastern Region of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM-US). A Free-Share, Reciprocal Interlibrary Loan (ILL) agreements, exists with other Medical Libraries in USA and PR to meet the academic needs of our users for those resources that the Library does not have. Finally, the most important resource that the Library have is our human resources, our personnel. They have the compromise to offer an excellent service every day of the year with the commitment to do it better and better.
The mission of Ponce Health Sciences University is to provide high quality education, research and health services in medicine, biological sciences, clinical psychology, public health, and other healthcare ﬁelds, to the population we serve, through an innovative health sciences curriculum, while preparing students to be ethical practitioners and scientists.
The PHSU vision is to be recognized as a prestigious academic center and to become a high quality health sciences university.
- To continue its commitment to excellence in educational achievement by recruiting outstanding students and faculty, providing the appropriate resources for the development of high quality academic programs.
- To expand its academic and professional educational offerings to include other health related ﬁelds.
- To enhance recognition of the institution’s commitment to excellence in basic and clinical research, scholarship and creative pursuits, supporting existing investigators and recruiting new highly qualiﬁed researchers.
- To expand and improve its high quality medical, mental health, diagnostic and therapeutic services.
- To continue to be an institution that prepares ethical professionals and scientists that contribute to society in general and to Puerto Rico in particular.
Monday to Friday 7:00 am – 11:30 pm
Saturday 12:00 am – 8:30 pm
Sunday 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm
Special schedules are observed during holidays, summer vacations, academic recesses.