Application Procedure: The applicant must complete the following documents by the specified deadline date:
- All Students:
- Complete the FREE APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL STUDENT AID (FAFSA).
- Submit PHSU required forms to the Office of Student Financial Aid by deadline date.
- New Entrance Students:
- You must fulfill the Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note prior to the disbursement of the student loan funds. If you cannot access the website, please arrange a personal interview with a staff member of the OSFA.
In addition to these basic criteria, students must meet the specific requirements of each source of financial aid:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Must be enrolled at least half-time.
- If currently enrolled, must maintain satisfactory academic progress according to the norms established by the University.
- Cannot be in DEFAULT to any federal loan program or OWE ANY REFUND to any federal grant program at any previously attended institution.
- Male students between the ages of 18 to 26 years, who are not presently a member of the armed forces, must register with the Selective Services. (www.sss.gov).
- Have a valid Social Security Number.
- Not be convicted of an illegal drug offense.
- Sign a statement on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) certifying that the federal funds received will be used only for educational purposes.
- Foreign students must present a copy of their citizen documents or permanent resident visa. A foreign student soliciting a student loan, not having these documents, must provide documentation from the U.S. Department of Immigration and Naturalization and a co-signer that meets the citizenship requirements of the lending institution.
- Demonstrate financial need for any need-based program