The Ponce Research Institute & Marketing and Communications Department is recruiting a competent bilingual professional for the Marketing Officer position.
This full-time Marketing Officer position contributes to the development of publications and websites, facilitates marketing campaigns, schedule meetings with media outlets and vendors, and help plan events for positioning Ponce Research Institute and departments related. This position reports to the Vice President of Strategic Marketing and Communications and the President of the Ponce Research Institute. The Officer performs a variety of specialized communications, marketing and social media administrative functions to increase the Institution, and Community visibility through the development and distribution of information and materials. Some evening and weekend work are required. The Marketing Officer will be the primary representative for Ponce Research Institute, communities and/or other institutions and related science, businesses, as well as key associations and medical industry leaders. The primary responsibility of this role is to help PRI accomplish its main goal to strengthen and expand research activities to diversify the scientific work and reduce health disparities. Focusing on growth and diversity of revenues, improving research infrastructure, community outreach, dissemination, and expanding research areas. This will be done by implementing and executing best-in-class relationship
The candidate should meet the following qualifications/essential responsibilities:
- Bachelors or master’s degree in business administration specialized in marketing, advertising, public relations, communications, or related
- 2-4 years experience working in related fields.
- Effective project management and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Ability to work effectively under minimum supervision, in a collaborative and multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrate ability to follow instructions and work independently.
- Effective social and interpersonal skills. Teamwork oriented.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows, word processing software, database software, digital and web based technology.
- Basic graphic design skills and knowledge in programs like Canva, Illustrator among others.
- Available to travel inside and outside of Puerto Rico
- Competencies in problem solving/analysis, customer/client focus, results driven, flexibility.
- Develop, implement, and analyze marketing strategies for Ponce Research Institute (PRI), including print, advertising, website, advertising, digital marketing, paid search engines, and sponsorship
- Develop, manage, and maintain a master marketing and advertisement tracking calendar and develop tracking reports to monitor the effectiveness of ad
- Plan, manage and execute the PRI social media calendar and platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, among
- Manage and implement written and visual/multimedia content for digital ads, social media networks, and the web).
- Maintain advertising campaign budgets for each fiscal year, including print, radio, outdoor, online, TV, direct mail, events, email campaigns and other marketing collateral as approved by the VP of Strategic Marketing and Communications (VPSMC) and the President of the Ponce Research
- Assist with the planning, management and implementation of digital and programmatic marketing and communication strategies for target audiences based on the standard market research data
- Assist with the analytics and tracking of all marketing
- Manage all print, radio, outdoor, online, and other advertising with graphic designers to ensure graphics and data specifications for advertisements are
- Work closely with the VPSMC to review, evaluate, and maintain all advertising, marketing, and other vendor
- Build and maintain relationships with media outlets and key vendors responsible for the production and delivery of advertising to ensure timely and on-budget delivery of scheduled advertisements.
- Responsible for posting College-related announcements, upcoming events, news, and activities for all regional centers and main campus, as approved by the VPSMC and Ponce Research Institute.
- Field incoming calls from vendors regarding marketing opportunities to review and determine viability with the VPSMC and Ponce Research
- Provide outstanding customer service to the University and its departments, centers and institutes and professionally represent Ponce Research Institute in all business interactions and
- Participate in committees and other forums that address the role of marketing at the
- Provide support on and/or lead other projects as assigned by the President of the Ponce Research Institute.
- Develop campaigns related to efforts for funding for PRI, including grants or donations through https://prirelief.org/
- Strong project management expertise, detail oriented with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously while meeting tight
- Demonstrate strong oral, writing and editing skills and good aesthetic judgment. Firm grasp of both internal and external branding and marketing concepts, techniques, and the ability to craft and implement strategies focused on marketing objectives and
- Ability to implement the strategic use of new media to complement and enhance traditional print communications
- Assist in the planning of institutional
- Build and maintain relationships with various media and
- Build and maintain relationships with the research community (researchers, faculty, students, and external collaborators).
- Manage workflow on a daily and weekly basis to meet advertising and event
- Oversee the daily delivery of art/print/electronic media to
- Attend staff meetings as required by the
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant advertising and social media practices
- Other duties may be assigned as need
Interested qualified candidates must send current resume to:
Ponce Health Sciences University (PHSU)
Attn. Human Resources Dept.
P.O. Box 7004
Ponce, PR, 00732-7004
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org