The CILIA4PR Research Team is recruiting for a Research Assistant position. The ideal candidate will be
motivated and interested in Rare Pulmonary Diseases research, including Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia,
Hermansky Pudlak Syndrome, and Cystic Fibrosis, among others.
As stipulated in the Ponce Health Science University (PHSU) Non-Faculty Manual, a full-time job opening
is available for an entry-level Research Laboratory Assistant in the Ponce Research Institute
at PHSU, CILIA4PR Research Team under the supervision of Dr. Wilfredo De Jesús Rojas,
Pediatric Pulmonologist and Principal Investigator. The selected applicant will be responsible for the
• Ex vivo cell culture and maintenance of human nasal ciliary cell biopsies in ALI culture.
• Running experiments to evaluate the ciliary beat frequency and ciliary beat pattern using a
specialized technique called: High-Speed Videomicroscopy Analysis (HSVA).
• Routine laboratory management, including the evaluation and maintenance of laboratory stocks
and supplies. Participate in our weekly laboratory meetings.
• Ordering of supplies and management of laboratory records and laboratory documents.
• Conducting experiments in Pulmonary Diseases with graduate and medical students and teaching
and assisting students and future members of the laboratory under the direction of the principal
• Technical skills to set up equipment and using laboratory instruments.
To succeed, the candidate must have the following background and competencies:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences, or a closely related field from a fully accredited institution.
• Computer literacy and proficiency in applications such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and
• Highly organized, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, people and teamworkoriented.
• Salary will depend on qualifications.
• Fully Bilingual (Spanish and English).
• Experience in Research and CITI training.
• Willing to learn new and novel research techniques and respiratory physiology concepts.
Interested qualified candidates must send their current Resume, letter of interest and 3 (three) reference
Dr. Wilfredo De Jesús Rojas, MD, FAAP, MSc
Ponce Health Sciences University
P.O. Box 7004
Ponce, PR 00732-7004
Recruitment for the position will end 6/15/2023.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com