Ponce Research Institute Continuing Medical Education (CME) Division has as its mission to provide high quality continuing education to physicians and healthcare professionals in order to contribute to the health of the public.
Mission Statement Components
The purpose of the overall CME program is the pursuit of excellence in health promotion, disease prevention, and healthcare delivery in our community through the development and continuous improvement of programs of continuing medical education that enhance physicians and other healthcare providers learning.
The goals of the PRI-CME Division are to:
- Provide physicians and other healthcare professionals with up to date information on evaluation, treatment modalities, new advances in clinical practice, new technologies, research, evidence-based medicine, and needs assessment.
- To foster the professional development of PRI faculty members as healthcare educators through the development of activities in teaching methodologies, evaluation, and research skills.
- Qualify community physicians and health professionals in new methods of education, research, and healthcare delivery from an interdisciplinary, cultural, and ethical perspective.
- Ensure the quality of educational programs by adhering to the guidelines and standards established by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the AMA PRA guidelines.
- Collaborate with PRI affiliated hospitals and other healthcare organizations by helping them to assess and meet their CME needs.
- Provide on-going outcomes assessment of the programs using multiple evaluation tools; these results will be used in the planning, improvement, and evaluation of continuing education and new programs.
2. Content Areas
- Medical Education
- Basic Medical Sciences
- Medical Clinical Sciences
- Behavioral Sciences
- Clinical Research
- Public Health
- Preventive Medicine
- Healthcare Management
- Health Technology
- Global Health
- Ethics and Law
- Emergency Medicine Technicians
- Administrator in Healthcare Management
- Healthcare Professional Advisor
- Occupational Therapist
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Community Healthcare Educator
- Among others
4.Types of Activity and Services
- Journal clubs
- Grand rounds
- Enduring Materials
The Ponce Research Institute Continuing Medical Education Division have the primary goal to prepare competent physicians and health professionals with the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behavior required for the delivery of high quality health services in order to sustain a healthier community and achieve a better quality of life.
Ponce School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME, Provider’s No. 0007249, to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Ponce School of Medicine is accredited by the Puerto Rico Board of Licensing and Medical Disciplines, provider’s No. 016-DC17-JLDM. Ponce School of Medicine is accredited by the Puerto Rico Office of Regulation and Certification of Health Professionals (PR-ORCHP), Provider No. 00018.