The CILIA4PR Research Team is recruiting for a Research Assistant position. The ideal candidate will be
motivated and interested in Rare Pulmonary Diseases research, including Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia,
Hermansky Pudlak Syndrome, and Cystic Fibrosis, among others.
As stipulated in the Ponce Health Science University (PHSU) Non-Faculty Manual, a part-time job opening
is available for an entry-level Clinical Research Coordinator/ IRB Management in the Ponce Research
Institute at PHSU, CILIA4PR Research Team under the supervision of Dr. Wilfredo De Jesús Rojas,
Pediatric Pulmonologist and Principal Investigator. The selected applicant will be responsible for the
• Coordinate and manage clinical research studies, including screening, enrollment, and data
• Ensure compliance with federal and institutional regulations and guidelines.
• Manage the IRB process, including preparing and submitting IRB applications, renewals, and
• Serve as a liaison between study teams, research participants, and regulatory agencies.
• Maintain accurate and complete study documentation and records.
• Ensure that all study-related activities are conducted in accordance with the protocol and studyspecific
procedures. Participate in weekly laboratory meetings.
• Assist with the development of study budgets and track study-related expenses.
• Provide support and training to study staff on study protocols and procedures.
To succeed, the candidate must have the following background and competencies:
• Bachelor’s Degree in science.
• Computer literacy and proficiency in applications such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and
• Highly organized, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, people and teamworkoriented.
• Salary will depend on qualifications.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
• Fully Bilingual (Spanish and English).
• Experience in Research and CITI training.
• Willing to learn new and novel research techniques and respiratory physiology concepts.
Interested qualified candidates must send their current Resume, letter of interest and 3 (three) reference
Dr. Wilfredo De Jesús Rojas, MD, FAAP, MSc
Ponce Health Sciences University
P.O. Box 7004
Ponce, PR 00732-7004
Recruitment for the position will end 6/15/2023.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com