School of Behavioral
& Brain Sciences
To implement Psychological and Behavioral Sciences programs with innovative science-based curricula, and to train future generations of behavioral scientists and of practitioners to apply evidence-based practices and advanced professional competencies to their research endeavors and to their clinical work with diverse populations.
U.S. D.O.E. Approves Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program for Ponce Health Sciences University
School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences Values
Core Value: Our programs are Student Oriented
- Every activity performed by our programs has as its immediate and ultimate goal the improvement of students’ learning outcomes.
- Our programs provide all students the educational services they need to achieve their goals. Students presenting academic or clinical performance deficiencies will receive the type of remedial help needed to overcome them.
- Our programs respect the students’ religious, affectional, and/or ethnic orientation or preferences.
- Students benefit from their interactions with our staff and faculty and will never be subjected to abuse or intentional harm.
- It is our intention to admit students capable of successfully completing the program. Once accepted, the programs assist students to achieve their vocational goals. Students are expected to make a serious commitment to the program and to comply with all academic and skill-building requirements.
- Our students want to learn and will learn when an adequate learning environment is created and maintained.
- Feedback is needed to allow students to monitor their learning process, their clinical performance, and their personality development.
Core Value: Faculty members deliver educational services of excellence
The programs’ most precious resource is its faculty.
- The programs’ administration is committed to facilitating the educational responsibilities and activities of all faculty members.
- Our programs recognize that each faculty member needs to feel appreciated and safe, and expects to be treated with courtesy and respect.
- Our programs are evaluation-rich and provide opportunities for students to provide feedback on their performance to all faculty members and/or supervisors. Such feedback should improve the quality of the educational services offered.
- SBBS programs expects all faculty members to model ethical and professional behavior to all students in their interactions.
- The SBBS administration recognizes that faculty members need the freedom and the resources to up-grade their knowledge base and clinical skills through continuing education efforts, through faculty development activities and by conducting research activities.
- The SBBS encourages all faculty members to develop their research and/or scholarly activities based upon their particular interests and the needs of the program.
Core Value: The Administration of the SBBS is committed to fostering a humane environment and to promote the program’s mission, goals, and values.
- The administration acknowledges the responsibility it has to harmonize effectively the different subsystems of the educational process: students, faculty, staff, PHSU administration, community, accrediting agencies, etc.
- The administration seeks the necessary resources to facilitate the students’ learning process and to support the teaching activities of all professors.
- The administration will support all faculty members and all students interested in developing research projects.
- The administration of the programs represents the vision, mission, and image of the SBBS to the public through professional and civic activities, through the media, and through the recruitment of interested individuals.
- The administration of the program sets an example for faculty and students with regards to the styles of interaction within all members of the academic community and in creating a supportive interpersonal environment.
- The administration supports a continuous improvement approach to management and fosters the periodic evaluation of all processes and procedures.
WHERE STUDENTS MAKE A DIFFERENCE